How To Outsource Your Social Media Effectively [Full Guide]
Are you tired of getting substandard results on social media? Are you not able to gain the traction which your competitors are gaining? If yes, Mission 4 Media can help you accomplish that.
Social media is a difficult beast to tame as a layman. The 24/7 social media charade makes it a very difficult task to use it on a consistent basis.
Able to think that the perfect solution would be to outsource the social media marketing efforts. Getting some professional hands-on-desk will indeed help you take control of the social media narrative when it comes to your business.
Moreover, it is not possible for a full-time business owner to spend hours each and every day on social media.
Now, I understand that it might be a very difficult decision to outsource social media marketing but it is the right thing to do. With the help of professionals, you will be able to take control of your social media marketing efforts easily.
At this point in time, I know there would be hundreds of questions arising in your mind. We will today help you tackle all of these questions in the ultimate guide to outsourcing your social media marketing efforts below.
The Ultimate Guide To Outsourcing Your Social Media Marketing Efforts
Outsourcing your social media marketing efforts to a 3rd party is the best thing which you can do for your business. It will help you free up time for running your business rather than monitoring your social media channels.
When you just start social media outsourcing, it can be a confusing situation to be in. Most of the business owners, might not know where to begin.
This led me to create this guide for business owners to outsource their social marketing efforts. I will take it step by step to provide you with a comprehensive guide to follow.
Top 3 Reasons why you are doing it wrong:
Have you ever wondered, you might be doing this wrong? Most of the business owners realize it too late. I will help you understand why you might be doing it wrong.
1. Longer waiting times:
Most of the potential customers contact a business on social media expecting a faster response. As you might have to run a business, response time might be delayed.
On an average, a potential customer expects a response within 4 hours on social media.
Generally, the response of most of the business owners on social media is around 10 hours. Many business owners are guilty of this mistake.
2. Bare bones social media presence:
As a business owner, you might have your plate full. As a result, the social media presence which you might have might be minimal.
You have to continuously update your social media channels and interact with the customers in order to get some results out of social media marketing. This is another mistake the average business owner makes.
You can grow your social media community only when you’re regularly posting and sharing content. It is understandable that on hectic days, it might be a bit difficult to take out time for social media marketing.
However, this makes you lose followers and makes your community suffer from a lack of engagement. This is an evidently another mistake which most of the business owners make.
Thus, while in your opinion you might be putting in all the efforts on social media marketing but these 3 mistakes committed by most of the business owners lead to minimal results from social media marketing efforts.
These are the primary reasons why you should think about outsourcing social media marketing.
Why do Big Brands outsource social media marketing?
If you’re still in 2 minds, you will be surprised to know that most of the big brands outsource social media marketing. The reasons for outsourcing social media marketing include:
• Lack of time: As we stated above, time is a crucial factor when it comes to social media marketing. This is the number 1 reason why big brands outsource social media marketing.
• Lack of expertise: You cannot just hire anyone to manage your social media channels. You need proper expertise. You can easily get that by outsourcing social media marketing to the experts.
• Cost: When you have dedicated social media managers, you will have to pay a significant amount of money. Comparatively outsourcing social media marketing is much more affordable.
In addition to these, there are quite a few reasons why even the big brands outsource social media marketing.  Some of these reasons include:
• Inability to create quality content
• Inability to scale up the content
• Dearth of good content ideas
• Lack of consistency
• Lack of strategy
If you are also suffering from any of these problems, it might be the right move to outsource your social media marketing efforts.
2 ways in which you can outsource social media marketing:
Once you are convinced that you have to outsource your social media marketing campaigns, you will face crossroads once again. You could hire hybrid teams as well as outsource social media marketing entirely.
I will elaborate on both of these options below.
Option 1: Creating hybrid teams:
A hybrid team will involve a few employees in your office wherein some of the team members can be hired from a social media marketing agency. A hybrid team will provide you with more bandwidth in terms of interacting with followers around the clock.
The advantages of creating a hybrid team include:
• Hiring the specialists from outside
• Ability to monitor social media 24/7
• Bringing in fresh ideas
• Bringing in someone with industry experience
• Having greater real-time control on your social media marketing campaigns
Also, creating a hybrid team is a good idea when you already have some social media managers or experts working in your office. It is the perfect solution when you just want to fill in the gaps rather than start from scratch.
Option 2: Outsourcing social media marketing campaigns entirely:
Most of the companies who aim to run their social media campaigns over a longer period of time and more efficiently, outsource the social media marketing campaigns entirely. Apart from most of the advantages of option 1, the advantages of complete outsourcing include:
• No need to hire any personnel in your office
• Do Not indulge in time-consuming marketing task
• Doesn’t keep track of algorithmic changes
• Access to specialty skills through outsourced team
• Running all processes through a single point of contact
Outsourcing is especially useful if you have a big brand. As a well-known brand, the interactions which you will experience on social media will be on the higher side.
It will become easier for you to handle those interactions 24/7 with the help of complete outsourcing. This is one of the main reasons why big brands often opt for complete outsourcing.
Now that you know about the advantages of both the options, it is up to you to decide which one is more beneficial for your business.
3 Benefits of outsourcing social media marketing:
Irrespective of the option which you choose, outsourcing social media marketing helps you in more ways than one.
1. More economical:
You will not have to worry about hiring employees or finding space for them in your office. Moreover, you will not be required to rent or buy any kind of digital resources in order to market your business online on social media.
Thus, outsourcing will not only gain you access to expertise but also the right resources.
2. Turnkey solutions:
When you’re handling the social media marketing yourself, you will have to build a strategy and thereafter execute through trial and error.
By outsourcing it to a 3rd party, you will be able to gain turnkey solutions. All you need to do is to just approve the strategy and thereafter supervise it.
3. All skills bundled into one offering:
When you outsource your social media marketing campaigns, you will be able to get all the skills needed in order to run it. You will not have to hire different professionals through different sources. You can get access to professionals with different skills like:
• Audience engagement
• Graphic designing
• Data analysis
• Campaign trackers
• Trend Spotters
Any kind of service which you will need will be available through the 3rd party agency. This will free you up from investing more of your time in running the day-to-day tasks of your social media marketing campaigns.
Thus, you will be able to gain not just new customers by outsourcing social media marketing campaigns but also save valuable time.
7 questions to ask yourself before interviewing potential social media partners:
Now that you are certain of hiring social media partners, it is important to find answers to a few questions before interviewing the professionals. With the help of these questions, you will be able to frame your requirements much better.
1. Which are the niches in which your company wants to operate in?
2. Which is the audience demographic which you want to target?
3. What are your long-term goals when it comes to social media marketing?
4. What is your unique selling proposition which sets you apart from your competitors?
5. Have you identified your online social media competitors? If yes, do you have the list of names ready?
6. What is the time frame in which you are seeking certain measurable results from social media campaigns?
7. In your opinion, what are the problems which you are facing in your current social media campaigns if any?
When you have the answers to these questions, you will not only be able to interview the potential partners in a more detailed manner but also know what the factors which are limiting you currently.
When you know the answer to these questions, you will be able to understand how each and every social media agency can actually help you. This, in the longer term, will help you choose the right social media partner.
15 interview questions to ask when hiring a social media partner:
Now that you are aware of your requirements when it comes to social media marketing, it is time to prep a list of interview questions which you can ask your potential social media partners. I have already compiled below a list of questions to help you out.
1. What is your experience when it comes to social media marketing?
2. How will you keep me and my team in the loop once you start working on our social media campaigns?
3. What is your experience in working in my industry?
4. Which are the social media platforms on which you have worked previously for clients?
5. What kind of reports will be delivered to me? How often will these reports be delivered?
6. How much of a say will I have when deciding the direction of our social media campaigns?
7. Which are the tools that you will be using in order to run my social media marketing campaigns?
8. What do you know about our brand up until now?
9. What kind of engagement ratio can I expect after you run your social media campaigns in full steam?
10. What are the indicators which should be tracked in order to measure the success of social media campaigns?
11. Can you give a few references of clients with whom you have worked in the past?
12. How will you handle any negative feedback on social media?
13. What are the milestones which you plan on achieving during the tenure of the social media campaign?
14. Will the social media campaign procedures be strictly as per the guidelines of the social media platforms?
15. What will be your average response time to comments and questions on social media?
Once you are able to ask these questions to your potential social media partners, it will become easier for you to choose the right social media partners. The answers to these questions will help you evaluate and pick the right social media partner.
This is what you need to know before signing on the dotted line?
Finally, after conducting interviews with over 15 questions checklist above, you can easily find the right social media partner for yourself. However, before going ahead and paying the social media agency, it is a good idea to take a few steps to ascertain that the work will be done as per your discussions.
• Request the social media agency to send you a formal email/contract of their offerings
• Go through the details carefully
• Understand the payment terms
• Make sure there is a non-disclosure clause
• Verify the timeline
• Check the protocols for pausing, canceling, renewing the arrangement
Once you are able to take these few steps, you will be ready to hire the social media agency for your business.
It is also a good idea to either meet the individual who would be handling your social media campaign prior to setting things in motion. You can even meet them over a video conferencing session if time is in short supply.
At first, the task of outsourcing your social media marketing might seem like a Herculean one.
However, with the help of The ultimate guide to outsourcing your social media marketing efforts discussed above, you can set things in motion quite quickly.
We have dissected each and every step to select the right social media partners for your business. You just need to follow it in letter and spirit in order to boost your bottom lines with the help of social media marketing.
In the end, it all comes to the fact, are you really serious about gaining more clients through social media? Do you want to expand your business exponentially with the help of social media marketing? Mission 4 Media Service’s can give you the brand awareness that your social media needs.